Votre titre Audible gratuit
WordTheatre: Sunday Times EFG Short Story Award, Volume 1
WordTheatre, the short story performance specialists, casts the perfect actors to bring great contemporary writing to life.
The Sunday Times EFG Short Story Award is the richest prize for a story under 6,000 words. In the lead up to the announcement of each year's winner, the six shortlisted stories are presented to the public with many of the writers present. Recorded live in London and Oxford, England, these nine shortlisted stories inhabit distinct worlds where cultures and personalities collide.
- Rhashan Stone reading "It's Not Yours" by David Vann
- Juliet Stevenson reading "The Family Whistle" by Gerard Woodward
- Julian Sands reading "The Current" by Tom Lee
- Daphne Cheung reading "Where the Gods Fly" by Jean Kwok
- Damian Lewis reading "The Deep" by Anthony Doerr
- Harriet Walter reading "Comma" by Hilary Mantel
- Ben Miller reading "East Coast, West Coast" by Will Cohu
- Bhasker Patel reading "The Fluorescent Jacket" by Roshi Fernando
- David Morrissey and Ian Hart reading "Beer Trip to Llandudno" by Kevin Barry
Produced by Kirsty Peart and Cedering Fox; directed by Cedering Fox; edited by Sara Bencivenga; mixed and mastered by Theo Mondle; music composed by Greg Chun.
WordTheatre gives voice to great writing. We are an innovative, internationally recognized, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to inspiring empathy, curiosity, and conversation through powerful and entertaining performances, both live and recorded, of the world's best contemporary literature. We aim to ignite a passion for reading, writing, and self-expression in our community and in future generations.