Sixteen thrilling and chilling stories by some of the greatest writers of horror and the supernatural. This collection includes:
- "The Upper Berth", by F. Marion Crawford
- "Was it a Dream?", by Guy de Maupassant
- "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge", by Ambrose Bierce
- "The Lost Ghost", by Mary E. Wilkins-Freeman
- "Man-Size in Marble", by E. Nesbit
- "Dracula's Guest", by Bram Stoker
- "Luella Miller", by Mary E. Wilkins-Freeman
- "The Phantom Coach", by Amelia B. Edwards
- "The Moonlit Road", by Ambrose Bierce
- "For the Blood Is the Life", by F. Marion Crawford
- "The Signalman", by Charles Dickens
- "The Shadow", by E. Nesbit
- "The Damned Thing", by Ambrose Bierce
- "The Bodysnatcher", by Robert Louis Stevenson
- "The Vampyre", by John Polidori
- "The Statement of Randolph Carter", by H.P. Lovecraft
"One of the most imaginative and original audiobook collections that I've heard....A glance at the list of authors was enough to have me grabbing this one from the shelf....The music and sound effects intensify the atmosphere and the readers are both distinguished in their own right and well matched to the stories." (The Times [London])
Ce que les membres d'Audible en pensent
Best one of the Lot
I am always on the look out for old school ghost stories and have listened to most that Audible has to offer. This collection is by far my favorite. The tales are indeed classics and the narrators are talented.
1 sur 1 personne(s) ont trouvé cet avis utile.
Fantastic Collection of Classic Horror!
I was very glad I found this audiobook! It has a first-rate collection of classic horror short stories and excellent narration. The stories that really stood out to me were "The Upper Berth", "The Phantom Coach" and "The Shadow". Great stuff! Highly recommended for those who like classic ghost/horror stories!
Not very scary
Very well delivered, but unfortunately not very scary.
0 sur 1 personne(s) ont trouvé cet avis utile.