- Chapter 1: The First Supranational Community: The European Coal and Steel Community,
- Chapter 2: A Missed Chance: The European Defence Community,
- Chapter 3: The Creation of the European Economic Community: The Rome Treaties,
- Chapter 4: Reactive Nationalism? De Gaulle and Europe,
- Chapter 5: Reactive Nationalism? The British Membership Problem,
- Chapter 6: 1992. The Completion of the Internal Market,
- Chapter 7: The European union. Economic and Monetary union,
- Chapter 8: A Family of Twenty-five. EU Enlargement.
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying reference material will be available in your Library section along with the audio.
Ce que les auditeurs disent de History of the European Union
This is how the EU came to be.
Brexit made me want to understand how the EU came to be. This book also shows how the seeds of Brexit were planted long ago. The book also makes living in the EU look more attractive, Brexit notwithstanding.
- Ben Utzernamen
Opinioneted lecture leaning slightly left!
The speaker makes several errors correcting himself throughout (this is quite evident at thr beginning of chapter 7 in which he confuses dates). I expected a neutral factious based history of the EU and do not feel this was provided.