Vous êtes membre Amazon Prime ?Bénéficiez automatiquement de 2 livres audio offerts.
Bonne écoute !
A gripping collection of over 50 of the greatest short stories written by great British writers.
- 1. "The Missing Years" by Barry Pain
- 2. "His Brother's Keeper" by W. W. Jacobs
- 3. "A Madman's Manuscript" by Charles Dickens
- 4. "The House of Cobwebs" by Barry Pain
- 5. "Old Fags" by Stacy Aumonier
- 6. "A Long-Ago Affair" by John Galsworthy
- 7. "August Heat" by W. F. Harvey
- 8. "The Dabblers" by W. F. Harvey
- 9. "Rose Rose" by Barry Pain
- 10. "An Undergraduate's Aunt" by F. Anstey
- 11. "An Idyll of London" by Beatrice Harraden
- 12. "Hot Potatoes" by Arnold Bennett
- 13. "Bagnell Terrace" by E. F. Benson
- 14. "Malachi's Cove" by Anthony Trollope
- 15. "Moon's Gibbet" by Egerton Castle
- 16. "The Dancing Partner" by Jerome K. Jerome
- 17. "The Giraffe Problem" by Barry Pain
- 18. "The Man who was Blind" by Edwin Pugh
- 19. "The Perfect Murcer" by Stacy Aumonier
- 20. "The Other Side" by Count Eric Stanislaus Stenbock
- 21. "The Roman Road" by Kenneth Grahame
- 22. "At the Farmhouse" by E. F. Benson
- 23. "The Dead Hand" by Wilkie Collins
- 24. "The Wind in the Portico" by John Buchan
- 25. "The Smile of La Gioconda" by Morley Roberts
- 26. "The Room" by Stacy Aumonier
- 27. "The Octave of Jealousy" by Stacy Aumonier
- 28. "The Mark of the Beast" by Rudyard Kipling
- 29. "The Salt of the Earth" by Barry Pain
- 30. "The Diary of Mr. Poynter" by M. R. James
....and over 20 more exciting stories.
Ce que les auditeurs disent de The Great British Short Story Collection
Commentaires - Veuillez sélectionner les onglets ci-dessous pour changer la provenance des commentaires.
- Transport Kaff
Awful Voice of Reader!!!
Any additional comments?
What a disappointment! The first story on both the American and British collections is read by a woman whose melodramatic, annoyingly-lilting reading style is quite unbearable. I simply cannot understand why they would have chosen her to read at all. I think I am going to have to ask for my credits back.
13 personnes ont trouvé cela utile
- blossom s.
I loved all the stories in this collection, but the narrator's voice was dreadful: forced, unnatural and devoid of any emotion. I had to force myself to listen to the stories and now avoid this narrator's readings. Unfortunately, she seems to have a monopoly on some really great collections.
1 personne a trouvé cela utile
The reader has only one expression.
Even a romantic encounter sounds like a ghost story told around the campfire. It gets old after a while.
- Reinhard Müller
english learning as back ground expierence...
really good for improving english language skills and much better than to listen to unimportant promi talks...