Giant monsters. Tales of eternal love. The beginning of creation. Pint-sized warriors. Long voyages and insurmountable heroics are only a small piece of the classic myths that have helped shape Japan’s unique and immaculate history. Each story in this audiobook is filled with excitement and adventure that is just waiting to be discovered and enjoyed.
Some of the classic myths that are found inside this audiobook are:
- "Amaterasu and the Cave"
- "The One-Inch Boy - Issun-Boshi"
- "Susanoo and Orochi"
- "The Tongue-Cut Sparrow"
- "The Peach Boy - Momotaro"
- "Izanagi and Izanami - The Birth of the Gods"
- "Tsukuyomi and the Creation of Day and Night"
- "The Journey to Yomi", as performed by the great Japanese hero and the first man, Izanagi.
- "The Purification of Izanagi: The Birth of Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, and Susanoo"
- A general introduction explaining what the Kami are, the gods of ancient Japan, along with other introductions to esoteric Japanese terminology.
- Stories of "The Strong Boy - Kintaro", "The Luminous Princess - Kaguya Hime", and others
Every culture all over the world, ancient and contemporary, has its unique myths and legends. If you have never learned about the classic stories that come from the land of Japan, then you have a treasure trove of new knowledge waiting to be unlocked. If you are already familiar with the ancient stories of Japanese myths and were looking for a retelling of them, then look no further.
Autres livres audio du même :
Ce que les membres d'Audible en pensent
short but rough to listen to
Short, but the narration was less than great making the whole thing slightly painful
1 personne a trouvé cela utile
- Michael Lopez
I've always been enthralled by Japanese mythology to the point of knowing basics. But was absolutely educational.
By far my favorites were Susano, the peach boy, and the 1-inch man.