Understanding and developing the mind throughout life - the new audiobook from the creator of the chimp management mind model and author of the million-copy selling The Chimp Paradox.
The Silent Guides explores some neuroscience and psychological aspects of the developing mind, unconscious thinking, behaviours, habit formation and related topics in an easy to understand way. It then offers practical ideas and thoughts for the listener to reflect on using 10 helpful habits as examples.
This book has two themes:
- To help adults to consider and understand where some of their unhealthy or destructive learnt behaviours and beliefs might have come from and then offer ways to replace them with healthy and constructive behaviours and beliefs.
- To offer ideas and support to parents, teachers or carers that could help children to form healthy and constructive habits and prevent unhealthy or destructive habits from developing.
Examples of unhelpful thinking, behaviours and habits that can be changed include:
- Being overly self-critical
- Fear of failure and unforgiving perfectionism
- Worrying excessively or overreacting to situations
- Living with low self-esteem
Examples of helpful thinking, behaviours and habits include:
- Getting over mistakes
- Developing a positive outlook
- Being able to talk through your feelings
- Seeking appropriate help
- Being proactive
Professor Steve Peters explains neuroscience in a straightforward and intuitive way - offering up 10 simple habits that we as adults and children should have in our arsenal to deal with everyday life. These 10 habits should and can be retained for life.
This is an important and another groundbreaking new audiobook from the best-selling author of The Chimp Paradox and the creator of the chimp management mind model.