Fat Gay Vegan is exactly what he says in the name - he's fat, he's gay and he's vegan. But for a word that's grown so popular, what does being vegan actually mean?
The vegan community has grown hugely in the last decade but is surrounded by questions of ethics, of community, of celebrity food fads and spurious health claims. For the last seven years, Fat Gay Vegan has been a voice that cuts through the fuss and the fads and calling bullshit wherever he finds it. Now, he brings together his story and those of others in the vegan community to answer to the questions both vegans and nonvegans alike might have:
- Why should I be vegan in the first place?
- Does not being vegan mean I'm a bad person?
- What should my friends and family do...and are they bad people?
- Do I need to be a gym bunny to be worthy of veganism? (answer: no)
- Can I still eat junk food if I'm vegan? (answer: definitely yes!)
Packed with personal stories and nonpreachy advice, this is a compassionate, no-nonsense guide to veganism from one of the community's biggest celebrities.