Set in an exciting world of criminal masterminds, espionage and adventure, the adventures of special agent Dick Barton and his friends Jock and Snowey were essential listening for an entire generation.
Originally running on the BBC Light Programme between 1946 and 1951, few of the BBC's original recordings still survive. However, in 1949 a number of early Barton tales were rerecorded for transmission overseas starring Douglas Kelly. This collection contains 12 of the most recognisable dramas as well as live performances, a profile of the character and interviews with the stars.
- The Affair of the Black Panther
- The Cabotolin Diamonds
- The Case of Conrad Ruda
- The Firefly Adventure
- The Lily Chang Adventure
- The Paris Adventure
- The Tibetan Adventure
- The Vulture
- The Smash and Grab Raiders
The collection also includes:
- 'Dick Barton, Special Agent': the first episode broadcast in 1972, read by Noël Johnson.
- Dick Barton Live: a 2013, one-off show from Leicester's Y Theatre using period equipment and scripts from 1951. The resulting adventure stars Tim Bentinck as Dick with Terry Molloy as his faithful companion Snowy White.
- Dick Barton, Still a Special Agent: a profile of radio's greatest hero, presented by John Hosken.