Gratuit avec l’offre d'essai
The Vagabond's Way
- 366 Meditations on Wanderlust, Discovery, and the Art of Travel
- Lu par : Rolf Potts
- Durée : 12 h
Échec de l’élimination de la liste d'envies.
Impossible de suivre le podcast
Impossible de ne plus suivre le podcast
Acheter pour 28,28 €
Vous êtes membre Amazon Prime ?Bénéficiez automatiquement de 2 livres audio offerts.
Bonne écoute !
“Thought-provoking, encouraging, and inspiring” (Gretchen Rubin) reflections on the power of travel to transform our daily lives—from the iconoclastic travel writer, scholar, and author of Vagabonding
For listeners who dream of travel, yearn to get back out on the road, or want to enrich a journey they’re currently on, The Vagabond’s Way explores and celebrates the life-altering essence of travel. Each day of the year features a meditation on an aspect of the journey, anchored by words of wisdom from a variety of thinkers—from Stoic philosopher Seneca and poet Maya Angelou to Trappist monk Thomas Merton and Grover from Sesame Street.
Iconoclastic travel writer and scholar Rolf Potts embraces the ragged-edged, harder-to-quantify aspects of travel that inevitably change travelers’ lives for the better in unexpected ways. The book’s various sections mirror the phases of a trip, including
• dreaming and planning the journey: “All life-affecting journeys—and the unexpected wonders they promise—become real the moment you decide they will happen.”
• embracing the rhythms of the journey: “The most poignant experiences on the road occur in those quiet moments when we recognize beauty in the ordinary.”
• finding richer travel experiences: “Developing an instinct to venture beyond the obvious on the road allows you to see places as mysteries to be investigated.”
• expanding your comfort zone: “No moment of instant gratification can compare to savoring an experience that has been earned by enduring the adversity that comes with it.”
The Vagabond’s Way encourages you to sustain the mindset of a journey, even when you aren’t able to travel, and affirms that travel is as much a way of being as it is an act of movement.
Ce que les auditeurs disent de The Vagabond's WayMoyenne des évaluations utilisateurs. Seuls les utilisateurs ayant écouté le titre peuvent laisser une évaluation.
Commentaires - Veuillez sélectionner les onglets ci-dessous pour changer la provenance des commentaires.
- John Villa
Great content - not a huge fan of the format
Format is that you read one page/meditation a day for a year. The content is great though. I recommend buying. Rolf is an amazing thinker and writer - what Joseph Campbell did for mythology Rolf does to travel writing
didn't make it through opening.
I enjoyed his first book, but this feels forced and a desperate attempt to publish.
- Chuck Beck
Don't read this if leaving scares you. -Arty Shöfr
Arnold Scaffolding said it best: "Uhhh, yeah no no.. This book offers your brain what it's always wanted to hear. But DO NOT read this if you're ill prepared to leave your comfortable home"
I'll be getting my passport asap, and it gives me butterflies.
Sincerely, thank you to Arthur Shafter for introducing me to Mr. Rolf Potts!
10/10 will f*** my physical copy of this wonderful piece of literature! Hopefully on a majority of our coninents!