Votre titre Audible gratuit
Vous êtes membre Amazon Prime ?Bénéficiez automatiquement de 2 livres audio offerts.
Bonne écoute !
Louis Esson is considered to be the first great Australian dramatist. The political comedy The Time is Not Yet Ripe was first produced in 1912 and is one of his best known works.
Doris, daughter of the incumbent prime minister, Sir Joseph Quiverton, has news for her father - she has just become engaged. Much to Sir Joseph's dismay her fiancé is none other than an opposing candidate in the forthcoming general election - and a revolutionary socialist to boot. Is Sir Joseph in danger of losing both his reputation and his majority in parliament?
Presented by the Online Stage
- Sir Joseph Quiverton - Peter Tucker
- Doris/ A Cheeky Youth - Elizabeth Chambers
- English Butler/A Fat Man - Joseph Tabler
- Sir Henry Pilsbury - Denis Daly
- Lady Pilsbury - Maureen Boutilier
- John K. Hill/An Old Man - Ben Stevens
- Sydney Barrett - David Prickett
- Miss Perkins - Leanne Yau
- Otto - John Burlinson
- Harry Hopkins - Alan Weyman
- Peter Jensen - Marty Krz
- Arthur Gray - Phil Benson
- Bertie Wainwright - Ben Lindsey-Clark
- A Working Woman - Linda Barrans
- Violet Faulkner - Sarah Backholer
- Stage directions read by K. G. Cross
- Audio edited by Denis Daly
- Cover image by Denis Daly