Vous êtes membre Amazon Prime ?Bénéficiez automatiquement de 2 livres audio offerts.
Bonne écoute !
Herbert George Wells was one of the most prolific and visionary British writers of the late 19th and early 20th centuries. H. G. Wells, as he is universally known, is now best remembered for his science fiction novels, although he wrote across many genres, including nonfiction. His fiction embraces history, science fiction, horror, satire, fantasy, and social commentary. Wells was also a futurist, foreseeing air travel, tanks (as in “The Land Ironclads” - part of this anthology) space travel, nuclear weapons, and even satellite television. Amongst his writings are dozens of short stories; some are very well known, others less so.
When planning this collection, Raconteurs sought stories that we enjoyed ourselves and which embody the range of H. G. Wells’s imagination and talent. This collection of 13 short stories includes gothic horror, fantasy, ghost stories, science fiction, satire, and stories of domestic and social commentary. It is a collection that we hope will intrigue and entertain you - and leave you wanting to hear more.
H. G. Wells’s Short Stories - Volume One is produced by Raconteurs in partnership with Spoken Realms and includes:
- “The Magic Shop” - read by James Gillies
- “The Remarkable Case of Davidson’s Eyes” - read by Nigel Patterson
- “The Door in the Wall” - read by Greg Wagland
- “The Man Who Could Work Miracles” - read by Malk Williams
- “The Story of the Late Mr. Elvesham” - read by Tim Bruce
- “The Diamond Maker” - read by Liam Gerrard
- “Miss Winchelsea’s Heart” - read by Helen Lloyd
- “A Moonlight Fable” - read by James Gillies
- “The Red Room” - read by Nigel Patterson
- “The Star” - read by Greg Wagland
- “The Land Ironclads” - read by Malk Williams
- “The Jilting of Jane” - read by Tim Bruce
- “The Cone” - read by Liam Gerrard