Votre titre Audible gratuit
Saying No Is Not Enough, Second Edition
- Helping Your Kids Make Wise Decisions About Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs - A Guide for Parents of Children Ages 3 Through 19
- Lu par : Mike Chamberlain
- Durée : 11 h et 53 min
- Version intégrale Livre audio
- Catégories : Santé et bien-être, Addiction et guérison
Vous êtes membre Amazon Prime ?Bénéficiez automatiquement de 2 livres audio offerts.
Bonne écoute !
The challenge: how to raise children in a drug-filled society and prevent substance abuse. Dr. Schwebel’s recommendations:
- Start when your children are young
- Create a family climate for communication
- Show your children how to meet their needs without drugs
- Help kids understand the dangers of drugs
- Help them learn to resist peer pressure
- Teach your children how to make wise decisions
- Establish give-and-take discussions with teens
- Stay alert to potential drug problems and know how to respond
How to listen and what to say in order to accomplish these goals is what Saying No Is Not Enough is all about. Now in its second edition, this valuable prevention and intervention guide for parents and professionals by Dr. Schwebel, one of the nation’s experts, presents his complete step-by-step program, refined and time-tested over the last 25 years.
New to this second edition are a full chapter on tobacco, recommendations about parents discussing their own substance use, and advice on what to do about drug testing as well as more on marijuana (the myths vs. the realities), more on how to deal with lying and dishonesty, and more on interventions for parents whose kids are already harmfully involved with drugs.