30 Minute Expert1 titres dans la série
Influence in 30 Minutes - The Expert Guide to Robert B. Cialdini's Critically Acclaimed Book (The 30 Minute Expert Series) Description
This book is intended for purchase alongside Robert B. Cialdini's original book Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion.
Why did 38 neighbors in New York City observe a woman's cry for help yet fail to respond to her murder? How do Boy Scouts and Hare Krishnas capitalize on humans' automatic responses?
According to Robert B. Cialdini, PhD, author of the best-selling classic Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion, the answers lie in a basic understanding of human social behavior.
Influence in 30 minutes is the essential guide to understanding Cialdini's research in the psychology of everyday decision making.
- Learn how to defend yourself against manipulation techniques
- Discover how to harness the power of persuasion.
This 30 Minute Expert guide offers:
- Practical applications for anyone interested in learning how to use the six weapons of influence to move others to say yes (or to learn to say no)
- Insights to how automatic responses leave you open to exploitation-for instance, the reason why you purchase a product only because it is available for a limited time
- Techniques for defending against manipulation tactics used by advertisers, salespeople, swindlers, or even friends and colleagues
- Intriguing case studies, a brief synopsis, and definitions of key terms
Offering practical knowledge for everyone from employees to consumers and professional salespeople, Cialdini reveals the six universal principles to becoming a skilled persuader and explains how to counteract these weapons of influence when they are used in an exploitive manner.
Widely praised for its actionable insights, Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion offers practical knowledge for anyone seeking to ignite personal change, drive success, and understand the fundamentals to why people say yes.
About the 30 Minute Expert Series
The 30 Minute Expert Series is designed for busy individuals interested in acquiring an in depth understanding of seminal works. The series offers detailed analyses, critical presentations of key ideas and their application, extensive reading lists for additional information, and contextual understanding of the work of leading authors. Designed as companions to the original works, the 30 Minute Expert Series enables readers to develop expert knowledge of important works in 30 minutes.