The play of sunlight through leaves...the songs of the wind...the arc of a brushstroke on paper. To be awake, reflects Jack Kornfield, is to discover the beauty hidden in all things - and to express that beauty ourselves.
With Turn Toward the Beautiful, this lyrical writer and teacher inspires us to reclaim our childlike wonder, attuning ourselves to the beauty that often passes us by unnoticed. Then, through insightful verses and stories from many traditions, he invites each of us to nourish the artistic impulse in ourselves - to choose to create as an essential expression of the spiritual life.
In two compelling sessions, you will explore:
- Why beauty and awareness are inseparable and how they enrich each other.
- Rediscovering the world through our "child's eyes".
- Presence - an essential component for awakening the artist's gifts of receptivity and wonder.
- How to use writing, drawing, music, dance, and more to bring insight to others.
- Practices to spark our own creative expression.
What if the light that reveals the truth of our lives were waiting right here before us? For seasoned artists or novices of all spiritual traditions, Turn Toward the Beautiful points to that illumination - the beauty of the world that beckons to be received and shared.
Ce que les auditeurs disent de Turn Toward the Beautiful
- Debra Johnson
What A pleasure to listen to
I never tire listening to Jack Kornfield speak. He infuses his talks with poetry and poignant references that make all of his presentations so engaging.
3 personnes ont trouvé cela utile