Gratuit avec l’offre d'essai
The Best French Short Stories
- Lu par : Cathy Dobson
- Durée : 7 h et 1 min
Échec de l’élimination de la liste d'envies.
Impossible de suivre le podcast
Impossible de ne plus suivre le podcast
Acheter pour 20,45 €
Désolés ! Le mode de paiement sélectionné n'est pas autorisé pour cette vente.
Vous êtes membre Amazon Prime ?Bénéficiez automatiquement de 2 livres audio offerts.
Bonne écoute !
An enchanting collection of some of the greatest short stories ever written by notable French authors.
- "Zodomirsky’s Duel", by Alexandre Dumas
- "Mademoiselle Fifi", by Guy de Maupassant
- "The Marquise", by George Sand
- "Miss Harriet", by Guy de Maupassant
- "The Cord", by Charles Baudelaire
- "The Piece of String", by Guy de Maupassant
- ",The Necklace", by Guy de Maupassant
- "An Episode of the Reign of Terror", by Honoré de Balzac
- "A Child’s Revenge", by Paul Bourget
- "In the Reign of Terror", by Anatole France
- "Jeannot and Colin", by Voltaire
- "The Mummy’s Foot", by Théophile Gautier
- "The Paradise of Cats", by Emile Zolà
- "The Shoulders of the Marquise", by Emile Zolà
- "Jenny", by Victor Hugo
- "The Child with the Bread Shoes", by Théophile Gautier
- "The Reverend Father Gaucher's Elixir", by Alphonse Daudet
Autres livres audio du même :
Ce que les auditeurs disent de The Best French Short StoriesMoyenne des évaluations utilisateurs. Seuls les utilisateurs ayant écouté le titre peuvent laisser une évaluation.
Commentaires - Veuillez sélectionner les onglets ci-dessous pour changer la provenance des commentaires.
- The Big D
The best short stories but not the best reader.
The stories are excellent. The voice is annoying. It does the same thing at the end of most sentences with little modulation to show the meaning. I started waiting for the annoying inflection at the end rather than enjoy the wonderful prose.
I don't know if this is a professional actor reading, but they haven't done the required preparation. For example, they cannot pronounce 'presentiment' in one story where this word is of vital importance to the whole meaning of the story. In the same story, the word 'salon' is pronounced 'saloon' which has a totally different meaning and doesn't fit at all in that period of Paris.
I'd only recommend this production to someone already familiar with the stories for whom these misreadings wouldn't matter. But then, why would they choose such a poor reading to enjoy such wonderful stories.
Wonderful stories TERRIBLE narrator
after purchasing this as and other collections of my favorite authors I swore off anything read by Cathy Dobson. Her voice and ridiculous intonations ruins every story she reads. I am passionate about French and Russian literature and it is beyond disappointing to see so many of those stories read exclusively by Csthy Dobson. I noticed I am hardly the first to deem these recordings unlistenable. Why have they not been re-recorded by someone else?!!
1 personne a trouvé cela utile
- the little hill
Dobson as narrator ruins the best stories
The narration by Cathy Dobbs simply ruins what are otherwise spectacular stories. The wrong voice, narration, it’s just horrible, and sadly Dobbs narrates much of these beautiful older pieces. Listener beware, see if your ear can take it.