The Anne of Green Gables Collection includes four novels about Anne Shirley, two books which focus on Anne's children, or on other family friends and 27 short stories relating to the fictional Canadian village of Avonlea.
Anne of Green Gables is a 1908 novel by Canadian author Lucy Maud Montgomery (published as L. M. Montgomery). Written for all ages, it has been considered a classic children's novel since the mid-twentieth century. Set in the late 19th century, the novel recounts the adventures of Anne Shirley, an 11-year-old orphan girl, who is mistakenly sent to two middle-aged siblings; Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert, originally intending to adopt a boy to help them on their farm in the fictional town of Avonlea on Prince Edward Island.
The novel recounts how Anne makes her way through life with the Cuthberts, in school, and within the town. Based on the popularity of her first book, Montgomery wrote a series of sequels to continue the story of her heroine Anne Shirley.
Included in this collection:
- Anne of Green Gables (1908)
- Anne of Avonlea (1909)
- Anne of the Island (1915)
- Anne's House of Dreams (1917)
- Rainbow Valley (1919)
- Rilla of Ingleside (1921)
- Chronicles of Avonlea (1912)
- Further Chronicles of Avonlea (1920)
Ce que les membres d'Audible en pensent
Narrated in English
Even though the recording includes German introduction etc., we listen to the tales in English. I like the author's style and characters. I don't like the hollow, "in a barrel" sound of most of the narration, but I tolerate it so I can delight in the stories.
* Part 1, chapter 40 is where book 2, Anne of Avonlea, starts.
* Part 2, chapter 71 is where book 3, Anne of the Island, starts.
* To hear book 4, Anne of Windy Poplars, you must obtain that separately; it is not included in this work.
* Part 2, chapter 112 is where book 5, Anne's House of Dreams, starts.
* To hear book 6, Anne of Ingleside, you must obtain that separately; it is not included in this work.
* Part 3, Chapter 152 it where book 7, Rainbow Valley, starts.
(I'll add more info as I continue/finish listening.)
11 sur 13 personne(s) ont trouvé cet avis utile.