Votre titre Audible gratuit

9,95 € / mois après 30 jours. Résiliable à tout moment.

ou
Dans le panier

Vous êtes membre Amazon Prime ?

Bénéficiez automatiquement de 2 livres audio offerts.
Bonne écoute !

    Description

    “You may have been told that you are powerless over alcohol and other drugs. And you may even feel that way. Well, I’ve got some very good news for you: you absolutely are not powerless.”

    Over 21 million adults have a diagnosable substance use disorder, and 200,000 people a month seek treatment for addiction. For those struggling with alcohol and other drugs, the success rate of 12-step programs is optimistically estimated at 10 percent, leaving the other 90 percent with little or nothing to show. Since the 1930s, the 12-step approach has dominated the treatment field. The problem is most people dread the thought of programs that require them to self-identify as an addict, focus on shortcomings and failures, and immediately commit to abstinence. People want something different. 

    Now, there is a powerful and timely alternative. Leap of Power, written by psychologist and author Robert Schwebel, offers a fully articulated and proven programmatic alternative to the millions of adults who have a substance use disorder, and to their friends and families, and to the professionals who provide counseling to them. It casts a wide net with a welcoming and nonjudgmental tone, and is filled practical advice about how people can and do take control of their lives, including their use of alcohol and other drugs.

    Leap of Power is informed by Dr. Schwebel’s 40-year career as a clinician working with those struggling with alcohol and other drugs. It is a unique work based on the groundbreaking Seven Challenges Program that he wrote, developed, and refined over the past 28 years, and which is now used by close to 600 organizations in 40 states across the country, as well as in Canada and Germany.

    Leap of Power systematically guides listeners through the steps of a decision-making process and shows them how each individual can succeed with their own self-selected goals.

    ©2019 Dr. Robert Schwebel (P)2019 Blackstone Publishing

    Ce que les auditeurs disent de Leap of Power

    Notations

    Commentaires - Veuillez sélectionner les onglets ci-dessous pour changer la provenance des commentaires.

    Il n'y a pas encore de critique disponible pour ce titre.