Vous êtes membre Amazon Prime ?Bénéficiez automatiquement de 2 livres audio offerts.
Bonne écoute !
The fascinating unknown history of this amazing popular practice.
Practiced by millions, loved by nations, but how many of us actually know the history of yoga?
Yoga is part of a large majority of peoples lives and I’m sure if you don't practice you have come across it in one form or another.
What yoga "is" or what it "does" will most likely depend on who you ask and this was an issue when finding a book on the subject.
Most authors have been submerged yoga enthusiasts all their lives and sometimes forgot that talking about in-depth philosophy, traditional terms, and names without full explanation can get confusing for not so experienced or beginners in yoga. There are other books out there that explore these areas in more detail.
There was a demand for a clear historical time line of yoga and this is what this book provides. It will allow you to follow the twists and turns from its historic routes before the word yoga was even used, to modern western yoga which you may be more familiar with.
Whether you are an experienced yoga enthusiast wanting a clear way to explain to your friend what's its all about without their eyes glazing over, or you are a beginner wanting to know what you’re getting in to before your wonderful journey begins, this is a must have book to add to your yoga book collection.
Here is a preview of what you'll learn....
- Where it all began, not like you would expect
- The purpose of its creation and the people there at the beginning
- Was yoga always a good thing?
- The battle with religion - who won?
- From one, there came many. How there came to being so many versions
- Yoga’s journey from east to west - did it stay the same or did it change?
- Where are we today with yoga, a dying phase or stronger than ever?
- And much, much more!
Buy this book and learn about this amazing journey.