A rich and varied collection of classic short stories by British writers:
- 'Quality' by John Galsworthy
- 'The Mark on the Wall' by Virginia Woolf
- 'The Horse Dealer’s Daughter' by D. H. Lawrence
- 'The Ticking of the Clock' by Louisa Baldwin
- 'The Fiddler of the Reels' by Thomas Hardy
- 'The Return' by R. Murray Gilchrist
- 'Kew Gardens' by Virginia Woolf
- 'Seashore Macabre' by Hugh Walpole
- 'Satan’s Circus' by Eleanor Smith
- 'The Coffin Merchant' by Richard Middleton
- 'The Everlasting Club' by Arthur Gray
- 'The Tiger' by Hugh Walpole
- 'The Ghost Ship' by Richard Middleton
- 'The Umbrella' by Arnold Bennett
- 'A Tiger’s Skin' by W. W. Jacobs
- 'Odour of Chrysanthemums' by D. H. Lawrence
- 'The Deserter' by Stacy Aumonier
- 'Lilac' by Hugh Walpole
- 'A Thread of Scarlet' by J. J. Bell
- 'The Whistle' by Hugh Walpole
Plus over 25 more great short story classics.
Ce que les auditeurs disent de British Classic Short Stories
- Utilisateur anonyme
The reader's voice is really unpleasant. I couldn't concentrate on the stories because I was irritated by her voice. She tends to raise her voice at the end of every word and she extends the last syllables as much as she can ... I didn't notice that in the audio extract before I purchased the book ... I'm really disappointed since the stories are really great.
1 personne a trouvé cela utile
- alan cameron
narration completely detracts. couldn't finish it.
narration is awful and completely detracts from some good stories. very disappointed. I should have returned this book straight away.
3 personnes ont trouvé cela utile