Poetry and Inspiration for the Journey of Being Human
The infinitely varied journeys of our lives share a common destiny: to be worn of all that is not essential till we are reduced to joy.
On Reduced to Joy, best-selling author and poet-philosopher Mark Nepo invites you to join him in a poignant examination of "the gifts and challenges of being a spirit here on Earth," through six captivating sessions that address the vital task of discovering and returning to what matters.
Listening to the Teachers Hidden in Every Moment
Mark Nepo describes poetry as "the unexpected utterance of the soul." Every poem and by extension every moment can serve as a teacher, if we can attend to it with an open mind and heart. By sharing 56 original poems along with the insights of fellow writers, Mark brings us into our own living conversation with the teachers hidden in everything that we experience, in order to welcome their universal lessons. Over the course of this six-hour program, he reveals the genesis of his own poems, unpacks the stunning insights they hold, and encourages us to reflect both personally and with friends on how these empowering truths show themselves in the poetic revelations of our own lives.There is a Sioux saying that the longest journey you will ever make in your life is from your head to your heart. No one is exempt from this great adventure. With Reduced to Joy, Mark Nepo awaits as your guide to the place "where the glow of your heart touches everything it meets so you can't help but remember how dear it is to be alive."
- The Longest Journey - on doing, being, and awakening the source of genius within
- To Know By Heart - on moving from depth to surface and "loving your window"
- The Art of Facing Things - on the courage to say yes to life again and again
- Walking Together - on authentic relationship and expanding the heart's perception
- Made from Bone - on the promise of the inner world and our lineage of spirit
- The Sublime Disturbance - on that which causes us to live fully in the open
©2014 Mark Nepo (P)2014 Mark Nepo