Audie Award Finalist, Best Male Narrator, 2016
Classic Love Poems is FREE until 3/9/15.
For anyone who's in love - or hopes to be - what greater celebration could there be than to hear the world's greatest love poetry read lovingly by Richard Armitage? With 15 poems by William Shakespeare, Edgar Allan Poe, Elizabeth Barrett Browning, and more, Classic Love Poems is a listening treat for Valentine's Day - or any day.
Included in this collection are:
- "How do I love thee?" by Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- "Sonnet 116" by William Shakespeare
- "Annabel Lee" by Edgar Allan Poe
- "To Be One with Each Other" by George Eliot
- "Maud" by Alfred, Lord Tennyson
- "To His Coy Mistress" by Andrew Marvell
- "Bright Star" by John Keats
- "Love's Philosophy" by Percy Bysshe Shelley
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
- "Meeting at Night" by Robert Browning
- "The Dream" by Edna St. Vincent Millay
- "The Passionate Shepherd to His Love" by Christopher Marlowe
- "I carry your heart" by e. e. cummings
- "She Walks in Beauty" by Lord Byron
- "Give All to Love" by Ralph Waldo Emerson
About the Performer
Richard Armitage is known to movie audiences around the world as "Thorin Oakenshield" in the trilogy of films based on The Hobbit. Born in Leicester, England, and trained at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art, Armitage has performed with the Royal Shakespeare Company, and created memorable roles on Robin Hood, North & South, and other British TV series.
Public Domain (P)2015 Audible Inc.